The purpose of this guide is to assist managers of marine terminals to:
- Determine the competencies they require for marine terminal staff having responsibilities for the safety of the ship/shore interface. For the purposes of the guide, the two staff levels are 'Supervisors' and 'Operators'.
- Assess the competence of members of their marine terminal staff.
- Establish training needs for each member of staff.
- Develop appropriate training/self-help programmes to satisfy the training needs.
- Includes an ADD-IN application to customise the guide for each specific terminal and to manage training records.