89th meeting: 17–18 October, Houston, USA (hosted by Hess)
The PTC discussed updates to the International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT) revision project:
- The committee agreed to include outside expertise as needed.
- Work by the EN1765 working group will directly feed into the ISGOTT working groups.
- The aim is to achieve 65% project completion by the next PTC meeting in April 2019.
The PTC reviewed the work of the following focus groups:
- The Marine Structures and Civil Engineering Focus Group (MSCEFG) is making progress in several Permanent International Association of Navigation Congresses (PIANC) work groups.
- The Marine Terminal Focus Group (MTFG) found positive results after implementing the new MTIS website.
- The Ship to Ship Focus Group (STSFG) expects to complete the STS Hose Guide by the next PTC meeting. The STS Service Provider Self Assessment is also progressing well and is due to be completed in April 2019.
The PTC also discussed updates on forthcoming publications, approved the 2019 budget, and created two new working groups to review older documents. Members gave two presentations: virtual training of terminal operators, and pilot ladder incidents and improvements.
Next meeting: 9–10 April 2019, London, UK